September 03, 2013

Christian Word Art Cast Relief: Romans 8.28


Verses in the Bible are inspiring and encouraging for believers because they remind us of important spiritual truths . Romans 8.28 is one of my favorite verses and I decided to make this sculptural relief as a fairly big reminder of God's promise: "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (NKJV)

This relief is made with sand from the beach. I tried to add a little sand from North Sea Harbor boat landing area, but it was too dark. I had to go back to the beach to finish it. I've also made a cast concrete version that is painted with different colors and I'll add a photo in the future.

The frame is made from old transport pallets and ceiled with a transparent, organic sealant. Using reclaimed materials helps to remind us how we have been redeemed.

Tags: Christian word art , sculpture relief, Romans 8.28, Bible promises, reclaimed materials

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post on-topic comments but, please, no uncivilized blog abuse or spamming. Thank you!