December 31, 2018

Wishing you a Closer Walk with God and New Breakthroughs in 2019.


I want to try to make each day count next year, more so than before. As we contemplate goals and motivations, what does scripture say our prime goals should be centered on?

Both the Old Testament and New Testament emphasize the prime importance of becoming more like God and walking closely with God:

“He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?” Micah 6:8 KJV

In the New Testament, "walking with God" is confirmed by a sense of walking with the Holy Spirit of God:

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." Galatians 5:16 KJV



"Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit." 1 John 4:13 KJV

We know from scripture that the Trinity consists of eternal fellowship between the Father, Son, and Spirit. More than any gifts from God or feelings from God, becoming more like God and growing closer in our relationship with God are described as central.

"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14 KJV

The ultimate glory of God entails the harmony of our relationships through Christ and with the Trinity. The more we are like God in holiness and loving with self-giving agape love, the more we will be in harmony in all of our relationships with God and the family of God.

“The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me. “Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world." John 17:22-24 KJV

A central focal point of true worship is the goodness of God.

"They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness." Psalm 145:7 KJV

When Moses asked to see God's glory, “I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.” -it was God's goodness that was revealed to Moses as the essence of God's glory:

"And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy." Exodus 33:19 KJV

Seeing God's goodness and glory gave Moses courage to step out in faith. It built up his faith.

I've found that more personal breakthroughs in life will come as we are more fully willing to step out in faith based on God's goodness. The two things that encouraged me most before becoming a missionary for 10 years were that God is good and that God is in control.

The beauty of this type of goal to have a deeper relationship and walk with God is that it is not a static goal, it is a living goal. God will guide each day in new ways as we more fully surrender to Him.

#BlessedNewYear #Blessed2019 #NewYearsEve #happynewyear2019wishes #HappyNewYear2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post on-topic comments but, please, no uncivilized blog abuse or spamming. Thank you!